Proposed Calendar Draft Updated - Feedback Requested 1/19/17
Based on ongoing parent and staff feedback into the process of drafting the 2017-18 Student Academic Calendar, additional changes to the calendar draft have been made, and RISD requests feedback from parents, staff and other stakeholders.
Highlights of the latest version include:
- Start Date of August 21, 2017 - year ends on May 31, 2018.
- With 2017 being a non-presidential election year, Election Day on Nov. 7 would be a normal instructional day. In presidential election years, Election Day will be considered for a staff development day.
- A return to the traditional placement of Winter Break, with most days in December.
- Due to the State of Texas testing calendar, Monday, April 2, 2018, will be a normal instructional day.
- The first staff development day of 2018 would occur after the January 15 MLK Jr. holiday, which is early enough in the semester to be beneficial, but avoids a two day instructional week the first week back from Winter break.
See the updated 2017-18 Calendar Draft
Stakeholders are encouraged to provide feedback to email@example.com. The RISD Board of Trustees is expected to formally approve the 2017-18 Student Academic Calendar in February.